Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Build your own 3D printer
Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 9:00 AM - Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM (EDT)
- Basic soldering
- Basic mechanical assembly (use of wrenches, screwdrivers, Allen keys and measurement tools)
- Basic electrical skills to enable the participants to wire the machine and test for continuity/short circuits (multimeter proficiency)
Included in your workshop fee are all the components of the reprap.
- Laser cut MDF frame
- Rods, nuts, bolts, belts, connectors and ties.
- All electronics, stepper motors and wiring.
- Print bed and extruder.
Alpha One Labs will also provide you with all the tools you will need to complete the job:
- Metric wrenches (M3, M4 and 2xM8 at the very least)
- Metric Allen keys
- Soldering iron, solder
- Digital Multimeter
Participants will need to bring their own laptop computer running either Linux, Windows or Mac OS.
The class will run from 9am - 9pm both Saturday and Sunday.
Terms & Conditions:
We will endeavor to ensure all RepRap 3D printers are fully functional by the end of the Masterclass, but not every eventuality can be foreseen and as such no guarantee can be made that all machines will indeed be fully functional by the end of the Masterclass.
Just like any other mechanical assembly task, the assembly and commissioning of a RepRap 3D printer presents certain (very minor) risks of injury, and participants will be required to take responsibility for managing these.
Course details are subject to change, but all participants will be notified.